Thursday, April 14, 2011

An Announcement from the Minister for Eurovision

Over the past 4-5 months I have been quietly slaving away over a little project of mine.

I decided I create a new blog JUST for the purposes of celebrating the world or Eurovision AND to fulfil by brief as a Pervy Councillor.

http://devogelsvanholland.blogspot.com/

So when the National finals and selections began for each country I made a log of the winning songs (and in some cases, whole finals if I was able to watch them) including videos of the act.

The 1st of May is then the ball starts rolling as this is the first day or rehearsals, which will then continue on until the semifinals occur on the 10th and 12th of May and then the big final will take place on the 14th.

Now that all the songs are chosen, most of my time is taken up with finding new promotional videos of the songs as well as different language versions, which can be found in the various UPDATES sections.

Also in this lull time I have been doing (the increasingly popular) EUROVISION LIVE TWEET. This is where I watch an old Eurovision DVD, sometimes requested by a fellow tweeter, then do a tweet summing up each song/performance. Although my followers who LOVE eurovision have really liked it, I've also had a lot of enquiries from non-ESC fans. Most videos can be found on youtube - just put the name of the country then the year then the word Eurovision into the search tool and you are bound to find something. Transcripts of these can be found at my normal blog which is here - http://tryingtowalkinastraightline.blogspot.com/

As the date grows nearer, I will update the blog and of course keep you informed of any news.

No comments:

Post a Comment