Sunday, December 26, 2010

Karaoke Secret Santa 2010: a roaring success!

Good evening, ladies and gentlemen of the Pervy Council!

I am here to deliver my report on the 2010 Karaoke Secret Santa, and am pleased to disappoint anybody who thought we'd all embarrass ourselves dreadfully by chirruping on the interweb by announcing that WE WERE ALL FUCKING FANTASTIC. As it stands (after nine PM on Boxing Day in Australia), we are yet to see every video (some people have clearly forgotten to upload their videos yet - too much eggnog?), but I thought I'd share the videos that have been successfully contributed so far - featuring, of course, the Pervy Council!

Firstly, our beloved Queen of the Pervy Council, @SpaceCadet_76, who delivered an incredibly impressive reading of a Christmas song by old rockers Queen (appropriate?) for @MrDennisAndrews, who has regrettably not been able to record/upload a video for his own Secret Santa recipient... yet. (He says it's coming.)



Secondly - what an amazing video by @forkinabucket! I have never seen such an energetic, hyperactive, high-pitched, LOUD video in all my life! And then she starts singing - with hand actions! And leaps up on the bed and jigs around! Hands down, the most enthusiastic Karaoke Secret Santa of 2010. Has to be. I haven't even seen them all yet and I'm making that call! Check her out!



Next - @syzygy! Wow, what a video! Very, very impressive. Loved the self-accompaniment, and the damned good rendering of a damn good song. This performance reminds me of somebody famous, spectacular and amazing... Be buggered if I can think of who, though. Utterly brilliant, James! You have me as a fan for life.



Now, the organiser of Karaoke Secret Santa, and the Pervy Council's very own Minister for YouTube (and my very own private consort), @jrr4film, did a fantastic rendition of a Radiohead tune, also accompanying himself on guitar! (I feel a bit lazy now, using a karaoke track...) Very sexy. (Clearly biased, but go on, fellow smuts...) Also, please note unintentional contribution by moi to his video, by improving the environs with my lovely set of boxes for Joe.



And last, but not least (I hope) - my video. It was dedicated to @blondekel13, poor lass - she got stuck with me last year! She very kindly tells me that she loves my videos, bless her.



So, as you can see, we are a wonderful, incredible bunch of people and we all deserve something dreadfully dirty as reward for being so fabulous.

'Til next Christmas, Pervy Karaoke Singers!

Yours faithfully,
@painted_duchess

3 comments:

  1. heheheh was certainly a lot of fun !!!!

    I demand that the Pervy Council gets an album deal !
    Imagine us all on 'Britain's Got Talent' (or the international equivalences). Cowell should see pound signs in his eyes when he sees and hears us :oP

    ReplyDelete
  2. An album deal! Indeed! Simon Cowell, pfft. He wouldn't quite know what to make of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *looks at all the vids again for a second time*

    I'm so proud of all my Councillors who participated and I want to draw particular attention to and heap praise upon @jrr4film for bringing this wonderful idea out into the world for us to be a part of.

    It truly is a marvelous concept, capturing the greater qualities of the spirit of the season and I certainly would like the put my hand up to be a part of it in 2011.


    And please, an album deal? We could do that on the Island, no trouble..Simon Cowell?!? *massively wet raspberry* bollocks to that eejit...

    ReplyDelete